The Microsoft Dynamics Certified Software Advisor (CSA) fee initiative helps you earn supplemental revenue when your customers license and implement Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Fee payments for sales to public sector customers are available. The Dynamics Certified Software Advisor (CSA) program will align with Microsoft’s other incentive programs regarding payments for sales to public sector customers. Effective July 1, 2014, the CSA program will provide payments and revenue recognition for claims on public sector customers only if those customers are located in countries on the CSA Approved Public Sector Country list. Please, click here for more details.
Learn more about the program—or if you’re ready, enroll now.
- If you’re already selling Microsoft infrastructure or business solutions, Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX is a great fit. Either solution provides compelling business reasons to install or upgrade to the latest infrastructure products.
- If you specialize in solutions based on Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, or Windows Small Business Server (Windows SBS) software, you may already have the necessary skills to install the components of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX infrastructure.
- If you’re currently a customer relationship management (CRM) service provider, Microsoft Dynamics CRM helps you increase your revenue potential by offering productivity applications, and on-premises and cloud-based solutions.
Microsoft Dynamics Certified Software Advisors are certified on either Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX, help with presale software assessments and recommendations for customers, and serve as the primary post-sale Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation service partners for those customers.
The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Software Advisor initiative helps increase your revenue by offering the ability to collect a percentage of sales revenue in fees. Qualified partners can earn fees of up to 25 percent for Microsoft Dynamics AX and 30 percent for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Volume Licensing orders and on new subscription sales of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, including Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile. You can also capitalize on the cross-selling revenue opportunities for Microsoft infrastructure products.
To receive a Microsoft Dynamics Certified Software Advisor fee on a Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX customer order through Volume Licensing or a subscription, your organization must:
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Certified Software Advisors must be certified on Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 or later. After localized exams and training materials are available for your country, advisors must be certified on the most recent version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM within 12 months.
View the list of Microsoft Dynamics CRM technical certification exams and availability dates. For more details about the current certification requirements, consult the Microsoft Software Advisor Guide for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
For Microsoft Dynamics AX, 15 employees from your company must collectively pass the required exams for your organization to earn the Microsoft Dynamics AX certification.
Refer to exam requirements for details, and find the specific exams for your region on PartnerSource. Microsoft Dynamics AX Certified Software Advisors must be certified on the most recent version of the product within 12 months of the product launch in their countries.
Prepare for these exams by using guidance from Microsoft and Microsoft Partner Exam Academy. In addition, Microsoft offers training through the business management solutions training site to solution partners that want to gain or expand expertise.
Then take your exam—available worldwide through Prometric testing centers.
After a customer’s order for either Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX has been placed, take the following steps to obtain your Certified Software Advisor fees:
For Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX on-premises orders:
- Ensure that you are enrolled as a Certified Software Advisor. Sign the Software Advisor Agreement, and meet the certification and revenue requirements.
- Gather the following information and follow the online fee claim process.
Check My Messages on PartnerSource regularly for claim notifications.
Claim fees within 60 days of customer invoice date.
- New customers—company name and address
- Established customers—Microsoft Business Solutions authorization number (VOICE account number).
- ID of transaction (for example, Open License and authorization, Select and Enterprise Agreement enrollment numbers)—unless you are part of the transaction process, you must get this from the customer.
For Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mobile orders:
- Ensure that you are enrolled as a Certified Software Advisor. Sign the Software Advisor Agreement, sign the Microsoft Online Services Provider Agreement, and meet the certification and revenue requirements.
- Ensure that your customer designates you as a partner of record.
- For orders through Volume Licensing only, an Online Services Attach form must be completed and submitted in one of the following ways:
- You submit the form with the order to the large account reseller (LAR) with the customer order.
- The customer submits the form through a Microsoft Online Services support request.
- You submit the form through a Microsoft Online Services support request
- You must be designated as the partner of record within 90 days of the subscription start date.
- Confirm that your company has provided presale needs-assessment and software-recommendation services to the customer and that your company has been retained by the customer as the primary post-sale implementation partner for the Microsoft Dynamics licenses for which you are claiming fees.
- If your company has received payment for a presale assessment from the customer, confirm that your company has disclosed to the customer that you may be earning Certified Software Advisor fees from Microsoft.
- For Microsoft Dynamics agreements with government customers, complete the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Software Advisor Government Fee Claim Customer Consent Form. Note: Your customer must sign the consent form.
- For those countries with a tax invoice requirement related to value-added tax (VAT), Microsoft requires a valid invoice for each accepted claim, with the actual fee amount, to generate payment. Visit PartnerSource for additional details for Certified Software Advisors in European Union countries and non-European Union countries. At this time, Certified Software Advisors are not required to complete any forms related to goods and services tax (GST).
Microsoft Dynamics CSA Operations Guide and FAQ
Microsoft Certified Software Advisor Guide for on-premises solutions: Learn more about Software Advisor qualifications and payment amounts. Available in Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, and Spanish.
Microsoft Certified Software Advisor Guide for online solutions:
Learn more about Software Advisor qualifications and payment amounts. Available in Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, and Spanish.
Microsoft Software Advisor agreement
Prior to beginning the sign-up process, you can review a reference-only version of the Software Advisor agreement. Available in English. All other languages coming soon.
Certified Software Advisors can aggregate certifications earned to more easily meet the certification requirements. Submit a Software Advisor Parent-Affiliate Association form to become authorized to associate with other Microsoft Dynamics Certified Software Advisors.
Solutions available through Microsoft Dynamics price list:
Your customers can buy stand-alone Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX licenses, without purchasing licenses for other products in the Microsoft Dynamics line.
Important details include:
- The maximum is 200 seats per Microsoft Dynamics CRM customer.
- Standard rules for Microsoft Solution Provider Agreements still apply.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Dynamics AX manufacturer’s suggested retail pricing (MSRP) remains unchanged through the Microsoft Dynamics price list.
- Microsoft Dynamics Certified Software Advisor fees do not apply to Microsoft Dynamics CRM or Microsoft Dynamics AX licenses sold through the Microsoft Dynamics price list.