Be sure you’re ready to help your customers make the move to the cloud with Practice Accelerator for Microsoft Office 365. Office 365 takes the industry’s best known set of productivity and collaboration tools and delivers it as a subscription service.
You can use the comprehensive set of reusable tools and best practices in Practice Accelerator for Office 365 to help you identify customer requirements and project scope, analyze customer needs, and deploy solutions built on Office 365, including Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Lync Online.
If you are a Cloud Accelerate member or Cloud Essentials subscriber, you can register for Practice Accelerator for Microsoft Office 365 at no cost.
Select your language (and time zone, if available):
- Delivery format: Virtual, instructor-led, live training sessions over an eight-hour period. Select a language from the options listed in the “Register now” section for specific dates and times.
- Cost: Five partner advisory hours will be deducted from your company’s account when you register.
- What you get: Reusable tools and templates that can be used in customer engagements. Review the Practice Accelerator for Office 365 data sheet for a complete list.
Practice Accelerator provides intermediate- to advanced-level training in Office 365 solutions. Practice Accelerator for Office 365 is designed for Cloud Accelerate and Cloud Essentials partners in small and medium businesses who are planning to deploy Office 365 in environments with fewer than 2,400 seats. Ideal participants for this offering are project personnel with technical backgrounds, such as those in technical project management, technical consulting, or technical support.
Practice Accelerator is not intended to be in-depth technical instruction for a particular service offering or technical scenario. Instead, this Practice Accelerator covers a broad range of technical topics and scenarios that may be encountered when deploying Office 365, such as a Microsoft Exchange Online Hybrid deployment scenario.
In addition to the presentations, demonstrations, on-demand sessions, and discussions, you are expected to practice on your own, by using existing Cloud Partner demo environments or by deploying hybrid or single sign-on (SSO) environments on your own machine with a self-created virtual machine.
Recommended knowledge and experience
Course participants are expected to meet the following prerequisites:
Overview of Office 365
- Features of Office 365
- High-level architectural components
- Approach to engagements
Discovery and planning: infrastructure
- Tools for discovery
- Domains and redelegation
- Domain Name System (DNS) and certificates
- Ports, protocols, and firewall considerations
- Wide area network (WAN) accelerators, load balancing, and software
- Network, bandwidth, and latency
Discovery and planning: clients and applications
- Rich, web, and conference experiences
- Considerations for extended protection for authentication
- Mobile devices
Identity and federation enablement
- Active Directory synchronization
- Identity federation
- Multi-forest planning
Migration and service verification
- Tools for planning
- Exchange Online, Lync Online, and SharePoint Online migration
- Hybrid considerations
- Remote Connectivity Analyzer (RCA) and other verification tools and processes
Best practices for pilot success
- Planning for administration
- Administration tools
- Adoption planning and communication