Help customers provide convenient and safe access to corporate information while enabling the flexibility that end users need to work across a broad range of technologies and platforms. Practice Accelerator for Flexible Workstyle provides an overview of a persona-based approach to solutions for the Windows 8 operating system, to help you fully understand the needs of both the individual end user and IT.
Practice Accelerator for Flexible Workstyle is a comprehensive set of reusable tools and best practices that can help you identify customer requirements and project scope, analyze customer needs, and deploy solutions based on Windows 8.
Select your language (and time zone, if available):
- Delivery format: A combination of on-demand and virtual, instructor-led, live training sessions over a five business-day period. Select a language from the options listed in the “Register now” section for specific dates and times.
- Cost: Five partner advisory hours will be deducted from your company’s account when you register.
- What you get: Reusable tools and templates that can be used in customer engagements. Review the Practice Accelerator for Flexible Workstyle data sheet for a complete list.
- How to register: Select a session from list in the “Register now” section. You must be signed in with a Microsoft account that is associated with a company that has a silver or gold competency. If your company has available advisory hours but has not attained a competency, contact Partner Technical Services for help with registration.
Practice Accelerator provides intermediate- to advanced-level training for partners interested in developing or enhancing a practice focused on delivering Flexible Workstyle solutions. Ideal candidates are experienced professionals such as practice managers, solution sellers, technical specialists, service engineers, and technical consultants.
Participants are expected to have the following knowledge and experience:
- Familiarity with desktop management, Windows administration principles, and Active Directory Domain Services
- Knowledge of Windows 8
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, the new Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 Service Pack 1 and Windows Intune software and services
- Knowledge of deployment tools and technologies
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) and Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V)
Session one (1-hour live training session)
- What is a Flexible Workstyle solution?
- Windows 8 Enterprise scenarios and consumerization of IT
- Introduction to the Microsoft reference architecture model
Session two (2.5-hour live training session)
- Workforce analysis
- Image creation, personalization, application, and platform delivery services
- System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1
- Application compatibility services
Session three (4 to 12 hours of on-demand training, depending on your selections)
- Building a prototype environment for running validation tests
- Validating the functionality of each test scenario
- Training customers’ IT staff in the process and tools
- Improving quality by gathering feedback from the pilot users and fixing bugs
- Preparing to release the solution for a larger user base
Session four (1-hour live training session)
- Deploying the solution components to the larger production environment
- Integrating with the production IT landscape
- Delivering training to end users and production IT staff
- FAQ, technical resources, and handouts