Help customers quickly develop and implement private cloud infrastructures while reducing complexity and risk. Take Practice Accelerator for Data Center Infrastructure and Management to learn how you can provide resilient, centralized IT infrastructure to customers and create the foundation for private cloud solutions. Focusing on the Windows Server 2012 operating system and Microsoft System Center 2012, this Practice Accelerator can help you prepare to offer infrastructure that can host advanced workloads.
Practice Accelerator for Data Center Infrastructure and Management is a comprehensive set of reusable tools and best practices that can help you identify customer requirements and project scope, analyze customer needs, and deploy solutions based on Windows Server 2012, Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1, and virtualization technologies.
Select your language (and time zone, if available):
- Delivery format: Virtual, instructor-led, live training sessions over an eight-hour period. Select a language from the options listed in the “Register now” section for specific dates and times.
- Cost: Five partner advisory hours will be deducted from your company’s account when you register.
- What you get: Reusable tools and templates that can be used in customer engagements. Review the Practice Accelerator for Data Center Infrastructure and Management data sheet for a complete list.
- How to register: Select a language from the list in the “Register now” section. You must be signed in with a Microsoft account that is associated with a company that has a silver or gold competency. If your company has available advisory hours but has not attained a competency, contact Partner Technical Services for help with registration.
Practice Accelerator provides intermediate- to advanced-level training for partners interested in designing and implementing virtualization solutions that provide a solid foundation for development. Ideal candidates are experienced professionals such as practice managers, solution sellers, technical specialists, service engineers, and technical consultants.
In addition to the live training sessions, you are expected to practice on your own, by building the infrastructure in a test environment. This will enable you to follow a learning path based on your specific needs.
All partners who take this course should have a basic understanding of storage architecture, network architecture, compute architecture, and virtualization architecture, which form the core of building the infrastructure of a data center.
Participants are expected to have the following knowledge and experience:
- Windows Server 2012 functionalities, roles, features, and tuning, including working knowledge of directory and networking services and virtualization
- System Center 2012 architecture, deployment, and configuration, including the following components: System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager, System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 Service Manager, System Center 2012 Orchestrator, and System Center 2012 App Controller
- Other technologies, solutions, and platforms, including storage systems, network systems and components, and third-party virtualization technologies
The following on-demand training is recommended:
The data center services partner opportunity
- Server and tools business growth
- Services opportunity
Data center infrastructure and management: reference architecture
- What is product line architecture (PLA)?
- PLA design pattern overview
Data center infrastructure and management: fabric PLA
- Windows Server 2012 compute
- Windows Server 2012 storage
- Windows Server 2012 network
- Design patterns
Data center infrastructure and management: fabric management PLA
- Database architecture
- Microsoft System Center 2012 architecture
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) integration
Data center infrastructure and management: engagement framework
- Planning assets
- Delivery assets
- Timeline from presales to deployment
Questions and answers