Practice Accelerator for Business Intelligence (BI) provides an end-to-end BI solution that includes on-premises and in-the-cloud capability based on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. Take this workshop to get valuable, practical information that helps you accelerate deployments, along with a set of reusable tools and templates that you can use in customer engagements. You can learn best practices in selecting, deploying, and scaling BI solutions based on Microsoft technologies, and learn about the Microsoft Solutions Framework for business intelligence.
Select your language (and time zone, if available):
- Delivery format: A combination of on-demand and virtual, instructor-led, live training sessions over a five business-day period. Select a language from the options listed in the “Register now” section for specific dates and times.
- Cost: Five partner advisory hours will be deducted from your company’s account when you register.
- What you get: Reusable tools and templates that can be used in customer engagements. Review the Practice Accelerator for Business Intelligence data sheet for a complete list.
- How to register: Select a language from the list in the “Register now” section. You must be signed in with a Microsoft ID that is associated with a company that has a silver or gold competency. If your company has available advisory hours but has not attained a competency, contact Partner Technical Services for help with registration.
Practice Accelerator provides intermediate- to advanced-level training in engagement management for SQL Server 2012 and SharePoint Server 2010. Ideal candidates are engagement managers, consultants, and project managers, and should have at least a basic knowledge of SQL Server 2012 and SharePoint Server 2010.
In addition to the presentations, demonstrations, on-demand sessions, and discussions, you are expected to practice on your own, using existing hosted learning environments or installing the SQL Server developer training kit on your own machine. This enables you to follow a learning path based on your specific needs.
Experience with the following concepts and technologies is recommended for course participants:
- Experience in BI and data warehousing projects using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Advanced knowledge of multidimensional modeling (Ralph Kimball’s approach); data warehouse generation using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Integration Services, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services, and data warehousing features; and reporting and analysis using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services, PerformancePoint Services in SharePoint 2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot for SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 PowerPivot for Excel
- Intermediate knowledge of data warehouse management, including data quality services and master data services; and reporting and analysis using Power View and Visio Services
Session one (2.5-hour live training session)
- Introduction to the Microsoft Solutions Framework and BI best practices
- How to engage successfully in a BI project
- Data visualization tools
- Business needs and challenges
- Choosing the right BI tool
Session two (1.5-hour live training session)
- Logical architecture
- Security considerations
- Dimensional modeling considerations
- Data warehouse design considerations
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) design considerations
Session three (1.5-hours of on-demand training)
- Hands-on practice using the SQL Server developer training kit to build an end-to-end BI solution
- BI testing methodologies
- Monitoring critical BI tools
- SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Integration Services
Session four (1.5-hour live training session)
- Choosing the right BI tool and deployment topology
- Question and answer session