There are six resource centers in the new Action Pack program. Do I need to choose only one for my subscription?
You can explore one, many, or all of them. Select the resource center that matches your business model or the one you are most interested in to start. Each resource center features content, resources, and benefits based on partner core lines of business:
- Application design and development
- Device design and development
- Managed services
- Professional services
How are the benefits different for each resource renter?
There is a standard set of core benefits all Action Pack partners receive, regardless of the resource center you select and your current business type.
How do I subscribe to the new Action Pack program?
You can enroll by using the Subscribe tool or through the Action Pack home page:
- If your company is not a current member of the Microsoft Partner Network, you will be prompted to register. After registration, you will be directed back to the Action Pack home page to “subscribe” to start the purchasing process.
- During the purchase process, your company will be validated through Dun and Bradstreet (D&B). D&B verifies the company based on its name, address, website URL, and phone number.
- Active Microsoft partners who are not validated by D&B automatically will be prompted to take the Microsoft Action Pack overview training and technical assessment. A 70 percent success rate transfers you to an order processing page to start the purchase process.
Action Pack Subscribe page
I am currently a Microsoft Partner Network partner and I have completed the required assessment for the Action Pack Development Design or Action Pack Solution Provider subscription, but I have not yet initiated my order. Will there be any further requirements?
Yes. You will need to complete the assessment for the new Action Pack program.
I am currently a subscriber to Cloud Essentials, Microsoft BizSpark, or Microsoft DreamSpark. If I decide to make the transition to the new Action Pack, do I need to meet the program requirements and pay a fee?
Yes. You will need to meet the Action Pack eligibility requirements and pay the subscription fee. Your access to Cloud Essentials, BizSpark, or DreamSpark benefits will remain through the duration of your paid subscription. If you have an active TechNet subscription, it will be discontinued.
If I am already an Action Pack partner, how will my company be migrated to the new program?
Current Action Pack partners will receive email and phone notifications. Partners can proactively go the Action Pack portal to make the transition at any time.
I am currently an Action Pack subscriber, but my organization is outside its renewal period. When it comes time to renew my subscription, can I enroll into the same subscription?
When you renew on the Subscribe page, you will be presented the appropriate controls to enroll in the new Action Pack program. The Action Pack Solution Provider and Action Pack Development and Design subscriptions are no longer available.
Action Pack Subscribe page
Will Microsoft Online Services Partner Agreement (MOSPA) be available for partners that are not Action Pack subscribers?
Yes. MOSPA applies to all online services licensed to Microsoft partners.
What happens after I have activated the product key?
The product keys provided with the Action Pack subscriptions allow a limited number of activations. Licenses are considered used when a product key is activated in one of the following ways:
- If the software is installed on a different machine, one product activation is considered used against the product key.
- If the software is installed on the same machine, with no changes made to the hardware, product activation is not considered used against the product key.
- If the software is installed on the same machine, with changes made to the hardware, product activation is considered used against the product key.
Once activation of the product key has been fully accounted for, partners are not be able to use it again and won’t be able to request additional keys.
What are the benefits of the new Action Pack subscription?
Action Pack provides you:
- Internal Use Rights cloud services and on-premises software benefits, including both on-premises and cloud products and services.
- Technical support, with access to telephone support for presales, technical, and deployment issues related to Microsoft cloud services.
- Training guidance, such as learning paths with a curriculum of more than 2,000 training courses about selling, configuring, and implementing Microsoft products and services.
- Visual Studio development tools, including Visual Studio Express.
- Search advertising coupons, including Bing Ads coupons, US$600 Bing Ads coupon (US$100 for partners, US$500 for their customers) to market products, services, and solutions.
- Campaigns, through access to Partner Marketing Center materials for Microsoft products and services.
Learn how to use your partner advisory hours
What is the value of Bing Ads for an Action Pack subscriber?
As an Action Pack subscriber, you can use Bing Ads to create search marketing campaigns to drive new leads and profitability for you and your customer’s practice:
- Create one ad and have it appear on both Bing and Yahoo search results.
- Showcase your business to customers at the moment they are ready to buy.
- Connect your business with nearly one-third of the US search market.
- Advertise to a lucrative audience that spends 31% more online than the average Internet searcher.
Offer details: offer expires June 30, 2015. “To Partner” coupons valid only for Microsoft Partner Network members; “To Customer” coupons valid only for accounts of advertisers who open a new Bing Ads account by June 30, 2015; a new Bing Ads account is one that has been open fewer than 30 days prior to coupon redemption. Ads must be stopped after ad credit is used up or 90 days from redemption, whichever comes first, or credit card will be charged. Any portion of ad credit not used within 90 days will expire. Limit: one “To Partner” ad credit per Microsoft Partner Network member and one “To Customer” ad credit per advertiser. Offer requires a form of payment and a valid billing address to be entered into your account at redemption, and prior to your account going live. See Advertiser Terms and Conditions for more details at sign-up. Coupons will be delivered in US currency and automatically updated to partner’s market currency when redeemed at www.BingAds.com.
Source for all statistics: comScore Explicit Core Search (custom), March 2014; the Yahoo Bing Network includes Microsoft and Yahoo Core Search sites in the U.S.
Specifically, what Internal Use Rights cloud services and on-premises software seats am I entitled to for Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online?
As an Action Pack subscriber, you are entitled to the following:
- Microsoft Office 365—either five seats Office on-premises and five Microsoft Office 365, or 10 seats Office on-premises. You can earn more seats of Office 365 after an additional cloud sale.
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM—no Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online licenses are granted at the subscription point. These licenses are granted after you close one Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online deal or at least 50 seats of Office 365 in the previous 12 months.
With the first cloud sale (Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, Microsoft Office 365, or Microsoft Azure) Action Pack partners earn five advisory hours. Are the five advisory hours earned once or incrementally per sale? Can the five advisory hours be earned at the second year of renewal as well?
Action Pack partners will earn the five advisory hours once during the subscription enrollment year, not for each deal. Unused advisory hours cannot be transferred to a new subscription year. In the consecutive subscription year, you can earn new advisory hours by closing a new cloud deal during that year.
How do the Action pack program benefits support application development?
The new Action Pack program provides three Visual Studio Professional licenses for your software developers. Your software developers can also use Windows Pro, Windows Server Standard, SQL Server Enterprise, and other Action Pack internal-use rights software licenses for their development and testing environments.
I am an Action Pack Solution Provider (SP) subscriber with TechNet subscription benefits. How will I access evaluation software when I renew my Action Pack subscription?
All Action Pack SP partners who enrolled prior to November 11, 2013 received a TechNet subscription as part of their benefits. Your TechNet subscription will continue to be available until you renew your Action Pack subscription, at which point your TechNet subscription will automatically be terminated. You can continue to access the latest Microsoft software for evaluation through the TechNet Evaluation Center.
TechNet Evaluation Center