Give your company the tools to succeed: Take advantage of Microsoft Open License, Open Value, and Open Value Subscription programs to acquire licenses that you can use for development projects to support your customers.
To take advantage of this offer:
- Contact your local reseller or visit the Microsoft Pinpoint online marketplace to find a reseller in your area.
- Request the special Visual Studio SKU or Expression Studio SKU from your reseller, available through the Open License, Open Value, and Open Value Subscription programs in Microsoft Volume Licensing. Qualifying SKUs are marked “PtnrOnly” (partner only) or “MPNCmptncyReq” (Microsoft competency required) to indicate that only partners with competencies are eligible to purchase them.
Q: Is this savings a limited time offer?
A: There is no expiration date for this offer for partners that have earned Microsoft competencies. All other partners, including Microsoft Action Pack Solution Provider subscribers, are not eligible for this offer.
Q: Where can I monitor and track these licenses?
A: The Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC), an online tool, helps you manage your organization’s subscriptions. After a purchase is made, an administrator or subscription manager for your organization must assign the subscription to a particular individual, who then receives an email invitation for activation. Get more details.
Q: What are the use rights for these licenses?
A: The use rights specified in the Product Use Rights (PUR) document apply since these licenses are being purchased through Microsoft Volume Licensing programs. Therefore, use of the software is not restricted to internal use only (as is the case for licenses provided as a benefit of the Microsoft Partner Network), and the software can be used to develop applications for external customers.
Q: What licenses are already included in my membership?
A: When you earn a Microsoft competency, your organization receives a certain number of Microsoft Visual Studio Premium with MSDN subscriptions, which are licensed per user. The number of MSDN subscriptions depends on the competencies you have earned and on the number of locations that have earned competencies. These MSDN subscriptions can be used only for internal projects, not for work done for customers.
- Go to the digital distribution site and sign in with your Windows Live ID.
- Click the Licensing Information link. (Your company’s administrator may have to grant you access to the licensing information.) You will see all the licenses that your company has earned.
If the MSDN subscriptions are not assigned, your company’s administrator can assign them to specific individuals. Only those individuals to whom a subscription has been assigned are licensed to use the software.
- You must be a member of the Microsoft Partner Network and have one or more active competencies.
- Microsoft Action Pack subscribers are not eligible for this offer.
- Licenses can be purchased through the Open License, Open Value, and Open Value Subscription programs.