- Customer purchases a qualifying license for Volume Licensing Upgrade and Software Assurance.
- Downgrade rights are available.
- Software on all organizational PCs is made legal and genuine through placement of a one-time order.
- Support is available for purchase from either Microsoft or a large-account reseller (LAR).
|Transfers are not allowed; any exceptions would be outlined in the program agreement.|
Terms and conditions
- Customer agrees to acquire only genuine Windows licenses in the future.
- Minimum purchase quantity is five.
- Master Business Service Agreement (MBSA) must already be in place or must be created.
- Customer must legalize all out-of-compliance Windows PCs at the same time.
- Customer must provide a signed agreement that acknowledges compliance and includes an audit clause.
- Software Assurance can be purchased within 90 days through Open, Open Value, Select, or Select Plus Volume Licensing programs.
- Media is not included. Customer may purchase media from a local reseller or use Volume Licensing media or the Volume Licensing Kit.
- LAR downloads the legalization agreement from www.explore.ms and confirms pricing with the customer’s Microsoft account manager.
- LAR acquires customer information necessary to complete the Genuine Solutions Agreement and presents it to the customer for review and approval.
- LAR submits the completed agreement to Microsoft so that the order can be placed by the Microsoft account manager.
- After the order is processed, the customer and the LAR receive an agreement number and order confirmation from Microsoft. The customer will then receive instructions about how to download the media bits and electronic licenses that match the order.