Use your Microsoft TechNet Subscriptions to download and evaluate the latest full-version software and beta releases, and access extensive technical information about Microsoft technologies. Leverage these resources to quickly resolve technical issues, demonstrate proofs of concept (POCs), evaluate solution architecture design, and plan deployments.
Members of the Microsoft Partner Network with a silver or gold competency are eligible to receive TechNet Subscriptions. The type of subscription that you are eligible to receive depends on the membership opportunity you choose. The following information lists the core number of licenses for each related membership opportunity.
|Three TechNet for Microsoft Competency Partners licenses
||Three TechNet for Microsoft Competency Partners licenses |
Silver or gold competency holders
As a Microsoft partner with a silver or gold competency, you are eligible for the TechNet for Microsoft Competency Partners subscription. This subscription includes the opportunity to download and evaluate full-version software, along with access to the Technical Library downloads and viewer; however, it does not include professional support calls, additional savings on support calls, TechNet Online Concierge chat, priority support in TechNet managed forums, or Microsoft E-Learning courses. You will receive similar benefits separately, as part of your Microsoft Partner Network core benefits.
Review this summary of retail TechNet Subscriptions and benefits to learn more.
TechNet Subscriptions are licensed per user. TechNet Subscription downloads can be loaded onto any of a subscriber’s devices and can be accessed by that subscriber only. Review Microsoft software license terms for details.
If you require additional TechNet Subscription benefits beyond your Partner Network benefits, you may purchase retail TechNet Subscriptions in any of three ways:
- Through a reseller, who can order full-packaged products (FPPs) from Microsoft distributors and fulfillment partners.
- Directly from Microsoft, by going to the TechNet Subscriptions page or by calling your regional TechNet Customer Service Center.
- Through Microsoft Volume Licensing. Add multiple TechNet Subscription licenses to your Microsoft Volume Licensing agreements to take advantage of your preestablished savings opportunities.
Accessing your TechNet Subscription benefits
- Enroll your organization in the Microsoft Partner Network with a qualifying membership opportunity.
- If you are a partner with a silver or gold competency, an administrator for your organization must visit the Partner Membership Center and assign each TechNet Subscription to a specific person.
- After your administrator has assigned your subscription, he or she will provide a technical contact ID for you, or you can visit the Partner Membership Center to obtain the ID yourself.
- After you have acquired a technical contact ID, visit the Activate my TechNet Subscription page to access your benefits. Then you can download all resources directly from this site. Software will not be provided through physical media.